Vedic astrology learning series for beginners: Part 8 (Basics of Seventh House in Vedic Astrology)
Welcome back guyz, today we will learn about houses in Birth chart and characterstics of each and every house. Lets discuss about the Seventh house and its traits .
#2. Seventh House in Birth chart
#3. Seventh house Detailed Description
The Seventh house in vedic astrology gives information about your marriage, wife and marital happiness, also deleted to partnership and business can been seen from this house. The seventh house also rules roads, lower abdomen, sexual diseases, losing one’s way and it also shows a change of residence and foreign tour.
If you want Know about your Spouse through Birth Chart seventh is very important house to study.
The Seventh house being opposite the Ascendant deals with the three most important aspects of one’s life — one’s spouse, marriage and death. Besides this, it signifies the various aspects related to these significations.
- The life partner is revealed from the 7th house. It is the house of partnership and marriage is the most important partnership in one’s life.The 7th house tells what kind of marriage one will have and when it will take place. Malefics may even rule out chances of marriage.
- Besides marriage, which is a lifelong partnership, the 7th house also deals with other partnerships. They may be like a person’s work or business. Since the 7th house is opposite the first house, any calamity to life can be seen from it. It may take the form of accidents, when Mars is involved or a vehicular accident if Venus and Mars are both involved.
- Travel to foreign lands is seen from the 7th house. It may be for a short period or a long one and this depends on the houses that are involved. The 3rd house denotes short journeys while the 9th house promises a long journey.The 7th house being the 4th from the 4th house can show one settling abroad. The 7th house is the 10th from the 10th house: therefore it tells about the nature of one’s work.The 7th house rules the sexual parts of Kala Purusha. Therefore any affliction to the 7th house indicates problems in the sexual organs.
- One’s passions are directly linked to the sexual part of the body. Therefore the 7th house also reveals the passions that a person entertains. Whether they are perverted or not can be seen from the 7th house. Malefic influences and those of Venus with Mars give perverted urges.
- Happiness in marriage is revealed from the 7th house as this is the house from which marriage is ascertained. Malefic influences denote a lack of happiness between the married partners. Conjugal happiness is obtained from the fulfillment of physical pleasures. For this, the 12th house should have some connection with the 7th house.
- There is more to marriage than just the physical aspect. It is the marriage of the mind too. If the two partners cannot achieve harmony in their thinking then there can never be any happier. As far as Ascendant Bhava is concerned whatever one sees for the Ascendant Bhava gets set in the 7th house and for that purpose, the 7th house is not considered good.
- For a male, the Karaka for the 7th house or spouse is Venus and for the female, it is Jupiter. The 7th lord in different houses gives varying results. This also depends on the planet involved and the aspects it gets. On the whole, the results are mainly related to marriage and partnership.
- The position of the Seventh house lord is very important and has to be carefully examined to check if it is influenced by both malefics and benefics for matters related to foreign residence, travel, public appearance, public success, partnership deeds, business associates and also regarding spouse and death. The 7th lord in a Kendra is considered good and will give undisturbed results. The 7th lord being the ruler of a Kendra and placed in another Kendra can give good results.
In Next post we will learn about Eight house lord and its characteristics.